Our story

Bredbåndsfylket Troms AS began as a project by the Troms County government in 2003. Since there were few commercial interests in developing such large networks in Northern Norway, a project was initiated to build a high-speed broadband network to meet the demand of the public sector. This project then developed into a corporation between the county government and the municipalities in Troms where the Troms County government owns 80% of the corporation and the municipalities own the remaining 20%.

The first construction of the main optic fibre began in 2004. During the construction phase, other solutions were implemented to ensure broadband services are provided to our owners. In December 2006, the first phase of construction was completed. All municipalities were then connected directly or indirectly to our fibre network.

 

Our ‘state-of-the-art’ fibre network has been growing continuously since 2006. We are directly connected to all municipalities, hospitals, schools, kindergartens and dental and healthcare centers. With our goal to deliver high quality broadband services to our owners, we have built a highly redundant and resilient network, spreading our network extensively across the region. We have infrastructure from the outskirts of West coast Senja to the Eastern Valley of Bardu; and from the North-East of Alta in Finnmark to the Southern part of Narvik.

During 2016/2017, we upgraded from the first-generation electronics to a more robust network which offers sufficient capacity for the future needs of our owners. As an asset to the Troms County government, we offer our expertise in consulting, project management and resources for the regional fibre network. We oversee the development of broadband services in Troms and have direct responsibility for the network operation of the municipalities. We are also in cooperation with other network operators and service providers, delivering highspeed internet for the public sectors in Tromsø.

Download our brochure

Our Employees

Dag-Kjetil Hansen

General Manager

dkh@bbft.no

Geir-Morten Berger

Project Manager

gmb@bbft.no

Robert Hansen

Service Level Manager

robert@bbft.no

Joakim Henriksen

Marketing Consultant

joakim@bbft.no

Ingvar Keskitalo

Project Manager

ingvar@bbft.no

Bjørn-Vegar Borge

Senior Network Engineer

bvb@bbft.no

Ruben Pedersen

Service Consultant

ruben@bbft.no

Jan-Tore Ovesen

Project Manager

jto@bbft.no

Johan Saxi Pedersen

Senior Network Engineer

jsp@bbft.no

Håkon Hansen

CRM Consultant

hakon.hansen@bbft.no

Our Network

Our Owners

Troms fylkeskommune
Balsfjord kommune
Bardu kommune
Berg Kommune
Dyrøy Kommune
Gratangen Kommune
1901_Harstad_komm3.png
Ibestad Kommune
Karlsøy Kommune
Kvæfjord Kommune
Kvænangen Kommune
Kåfjord Kommune
Lavangen Kommune
Lenvik Kommune
Lygen Kommune
Målselv Kommune
Nordreisa Kommune
Salangen Kommune
Skjervøy Kommune
Skånland Kommune
Storfjord Kommune
Sørreisa Kommune
Torsken Kommune
Tranøy Kommune
Tromsø Kommune

The company is owned by Troms County goverment (80%) and 24 municipalities in Troms (20%). 

Our Partners

Our Serviceproviders

nhn.png

Deliver and continuously develop a secure, robust and appropriate national ICT infrastructure for an effective interaction between healthcare and age-care services.

Logo_positive_-_iTet_AS.png

iTet delivers IT to small and large businesses for public and private sectors.

User-friendly video conferencing solution for everyday users!

Contact Us

Stakkevollvegen 33

9010 Tromsø

VAT reg. 986 358 013

+47 77 78 87 00

post@bbft.no

  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Facebook